May 15, 2013

Here I am once again a far and few between post and my seemingly forgotten blog.  I guess it's a good thing that I've been busy enough to not have the time to sit and write.  Or perhaps it's due to not having anything to write?  Although I don't think either is true I'll go with both because they are better than the truth of not having the desire to write like I once did.  Sometimes the day to day hustle is so hectic it's all I can do to veg for an hour before I'm off to dreamland.  But in an attempt to "catch up" tonight, I write. 

Ryan finally graduated with his bachelors degree 3 weeks ago.  I am so very proud of him.  It was a tough, long journey these past few years but now he is done and happy!  My family threw him a fun graduation BBQ to celebrate and we bought him a new car.  Not because of graduation but because his hunk of junk was literally falling to pieces but we're calling it a graduation present.  (Eases the pain of a car payment once again.)  We will be heading out to our first family vacation at the end of the month sans homework for the first time in 3 years.  Then we are heading out for a grown ups only vacation to recoup from our family vacation.  Ha!  I can't wait.

School has been crazy fun and super busy this year.  Bustling the kids between 2 schools, 2 districts, and 2 towns has been an inconvenience this year but one well worth the time and gas.  My 10 year old has finally found himself a "home" of  like minded kids.  It's like the class of smarty pants misfits and he fits right in. He has a great teacher and some really neat friends.  They talk about books and current events and music and video games all in the same conversation.  It's fascinating to hear them chatter on and I'm both amused and proud of him for finding his own unique path. I made it through another successful musical this school year and a really fun and engaging teacher appreciation week.  I've really grown to love and respect so many of the staff members and truly feel loved back by so many.  I love our school and will be really sad in the next few years to leave when our time has ended there.  With luck these great friendships we've made will continue through the years. 

My "health" has been a bit up and down over the last year.  It started with dizziness and extreme headaches and morphed into a crazy quick weight loss trip.  After every test under the sun I'm still no closer to an answer than before.  However, I've learned to deal with the unpredictableness of it all and thus far have had no other major developments to make things worse.  And things could always be worse so I'm thankful. 

No comments: